1. Give her a special doll. Roswitha's Collectible Dolls in Amherst sells vintage toys and collectible dolls that have more personality than any of those Barbies on the shelves. This little shop has many kinds of dolls, including China, metal, porcelain, vinyl and wood. They also sell antique doll clothes and accessories to dress up their newfound friends.
2. Who doesn't love shoes? Find the perfect pair at The Shoebox in Amherst and give her the gift of fun fashion. They have plenty of styles to choose from, including the winter-friendly Uggs, that can go with any outfit. There are also great styles for men as well, just in case you need one more thing for them this holiday.
3. Let her create a miniature paradise. Earth and Tree Dollhouse and Miniature Shop has the largest selection around with 3,000 square feet filled with miniature dollhouses, hobby-building materials and miniature furnishings. Get her a dollhouse kit and let her create her own dream house, or find the perfect finishing touch to a dollhouse room. You'll be surprised with how many miniature items can be found.
4. Build a new friend! There are Build-A-Bear workshops in New Hampshire where she can construct her very own stuffed friend to her liking. Children get to build, design and dress their own toys, even giving them their own special hearts. Take her over to one or give her Bear Buck$ towards bringing her gift to life. Can she make a penguin wearing a Santa Claus costume you ask? Yes she can.
5. Pick out a wonderful outfit. Downtown Peterborough has a great selection of unique clothes and jewelry to choose from. Anytime Apparel has casual, comfortable clothing and accessories for any occasion. Joseph's Coat has both unique fashions and handmade items from around the world.